Welcome to the College Spark Washington Press Center. Below you will find current and archived news releases and speeches by College Spark Washington staff.
- July 2016 [PDF] - Five Washington colleges awarded $2.5 million in grants to implement Guided Pathways
- April 2016 [PDF] - College Spark Washington announces $1.4 million in Community Grants to help low-income students become college-ready and successfully transition to college
- November 2015 [PDF] - College Spark Washington announces nearly $10.4 million in new grants to help low-income students successfully transition to college and earn their degrees
- May 2015 [PDF] - College Spark Washington announces more than $1.1 million in Community Grants to improve college-readiness and degree completion for low-income students
- April 2015 [PDF] - College Spark Washington marks 10 years of funding promising ideas that help low-income students earn a degree
- April 2015 [PDF] - Early warning indicators help educators spot struggling students
- April 2015 [PDF] - College Spark Washington grant funds new classes helping students avoid remediation in college
- September 2014 [PDF] - College Spark Washington invests $12 million to help low-income students develop math skills to succeed in college
- May 2014 [PDF] - College Spark Washington announces nearly $1.6 million in new grants to help low-income students become college-ready and successfully transition to college
- March 2014 [PDF] - College Bound Scholarship showing great promise in helping low-income students pursue higher education
- February 2014 [PDF] - Report shows programs help low-income students become college-ready
- April 2013 [PDF] - College Spark Washington announces nearly $1.4 million awarded in community grants
- April 2013 [PDF] - College Spark Washington welcomes new nonprofit leader to Board of Trustees.
- January 2013 [PDF] - College Spark Washington elects new business and education leaders to board of trustees.
- April 2012 [PDF] - College Spark Washington announces nearly $1 million in grants to support college readiness and retention for low-income students; elects new business and education leaders to board of trustees.
- May 2011 [PDF] - College Spark Washington grants nearly $1.2 million to boost college readiness and graduation rates for low-income students in Washington.
- March 2011 [PDF] - College Spark Washington grants approximately $6.6 Million to support the Achieving the Dream initiative in Washington state.
- May 2010 [PDF] - College Spark Washington Press Release for 2010 Community Grants
- Helping college students find their paths, The Everett Herald, December 2015 - Guided Pathways, a new initiative to Washington, will streamline the process from college entrance to program selection to degree completion, providing students with a clearer, more efficient path to completion.
- Testing can tell if students need help before college and career, The Seattle Times, April 2015 - Bridge to College transition courses in English and math help students avoid remedial education in college, saving time and money on their path towards a degree.
- Middle school shows the way to keeping kids in school, The Bellingham Herald, December 2014 - Shuksan Middle School uses restorative justice as an alternative to out-of-school suspensions to keep students in school and learning.
- What we must do to increase student success in higher education, The Daily Herald, April 2013 - College Spark Washington Trustee discusses new Community Grants Program outcome indicators to measure student success.
- Aid is Available for College Bills, Spokesman-Review, January 2013 - College Spark Washington Trustee Chio Flores reinforces the importance of completing the FAFSA, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, to help pay for college.
- Navigating High School Students Toward Graduation and Beyond, Seattle Times, December 2012 - College Spark Washington Trustee Trevor Greene provides guidance while utilizing college preparatory program Navigation 101 to help students succeed.
- Group Sparks Learning Reform, Spokesman-Review, September 2012 - College Spark Washington Trustee Christie Querna introduces College Spark Washington as a leader in education initiatives.